Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home by the forest

Luxembourg. Home. Somehow it seems I never find time to write – either my diary or my blog. I’m not quite sure what I’m doing all day long…

Sunday. Catalin discovered in a nearby village a shop that is open on Sunday – until 13.00. So if the weather is nice we can always take a 4 km walk and get the stuff we forgot to buy during the week! It is a pleasant feeling to know there is a shop open and you’re not totally in a mess if you run out of toilet paper.

20degrees Celsius. Nice weather for autumn. Hope it will stay like this. My maternity leave is over and I start working full-time on Wednesday. I am anxious to be part of a team again, to debate projects, to argue over details and come up with great ideas. My last years have been a sort of lonely ranger job, being most of the time on my own. I though this is what I wanted, but after 2 years I discovered it is not really my style.

We have an appartment by the forest, and a small garden. We are almost out of the city. We need to redesign our living-room, which is ugly. But the bedroom is relaxing and the first thing I see in the morning when I open my eyes is the forest.

Marie is growing. She's eating solid food now - puree mostly, and drinking tea. She moves a lot and hates to be left alone, even for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear Blue! I'm catching up with your news... Marie is gorgeous. Glad to know she's growing into a fashionista. :)

I look forward to meet her and Catalin.. Until then, be well my friend.

Love and friendship from Cairo,
mohamed.