Monday, March 2, 2009

Third time is a charm

The month of March will see the 3rd edition of Pro Action Cafe Luxembourg. This will show if the cafe is sustainable here, if it answer a need, if it can integrate into the local life.

I have put many hopes in the Café, and I have considered it for a long time as the place where I truly belong, my safe heaven and an unlimited source of energy. However, I find myself now at peace with its future, whatever that is. As I have said a long time ago, in what seems a previous life, in a previous blog, "Brussels is a state of mind" - I can now say that the Café is a state of mind. If I could just preserve somehow the energy I find in the café, if I could just keep myself in that state of mind... then I will not be scared of the possiblily that the Café will not find its own space here.

And as I looked at the forest this morning, and heard the birds singing the spring, I realized that I am not scared anymore. Third time is a charm. There is a time and place for everything - and this is a saying as old as the world. Time will come and time will go, and things will only happen when it is their time. I can only do my best and enjoy the ride.

No comments: