Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend!

The weather is getting better. That's a fact. Marie is growing. That's another fact. I'm out of the tunnel - that's debatable, but I do hope with all my heart is true. I've slept for three hours and I feel like the world is mine. However, I must be careful not to take a look in the mirror, as it would definitely spoil my illusion.

We have been discovering the village around us, and the bigger village "next door" - it has separated, luxurious houses with green, perfectly trimmed gardens - the type of house where I would like to live someday, with enough space for each of us, so we wouldn't have to get on each other's nerves all the time. A house with lots of light and a huge garden, Velux windows in the attic. So we live close by to an idyllic environment - and we located the "bare utilities" - the post-office, the pharmacy, the main shops - the closest about 1 km away, here everyone uses a car , we draw some attention when we do our daily walks ;-) Also, it worth noticing it costs a small fortune to cut your hair in this neighbourhood - prices are matching the houses - however, I can't imagine what they do to your hair for that amount!

At the beginning of the week we had for the first time "mici" (traditional Romanian... well, food) in Belgium. We have celebrated 1st of May a bit earlier this year, so to speak.

Marie smiled - at least this is what we believe, and as we speak about something lasting just a few seconds, there is place for arguing here. But we decided it was a smile, so that's settled. She's not smiling in the photo below, she's more likely thinking about the fate of mankind ;-)


I finally got the icecream I've been dreaming about for the last 3 years: one half a kilo of Haagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate icecream.



Is weekend time again - not that weekend days are in any way different. I just wanted to mark the moment.

And a new type of Belgian beer - Hoegaarden Citron - beer with lemon. That's a thing you don't see much outside Belgium. And, being a fruity beer, with very low alcohol and tasting more like a lemon-juice than what people would normally call beer, is not forbidden to pregnant or breast-feeding women.

So, I'm being spoiled this days - and I like it ;-) It's a fresh breeze of air in my so much alike days - a bit of color, of flavor.



No comments: