Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Out

Today I’ve got out – socially speaking – for the first time since Marie’s birth. Marie is three months and a half now and it is June. June 2008. I need to get my bearings straight.
So… a friend came from Romania for a conference, and it was a great opportunity for me not just to see an old friend but to slowly move on with my social life. Because, as my significant other noticed the other day, after the birth of our daughter we have been “socially handicapped”. The fact that I lost my memory contributed a great deal to that, too. Did I mention we had fish & rice for the first three weeks after her birth? And we didn’t notice. And we do not have any Chinese relatives we know about.

So, the first step was for us to notice the situation we are in. And the second step is to take measures. Now that we have “discovered” what has happened to us, it seems the opportunities to get back to life are presenting themselves. I’ve been out today; he will get out on Thursday. And then is the weekend – I do have to study for my interview on Monday, but maybe we could fit in a social thing…

Last weekend we've been at the European Parliament, for the Open Day. It was fun, we did quizzes and had lunch there too.

No comments: