Sunday, June 1, 2008

A day for the child in us

We had a wonderful day today. The weather was good – warm, but not too warm, sunny, but not too much. The spirits were high and we went to see the Environment’s Day expo and get a bite of the giant omelette.

It’s been a while since my last post. Been busy. First of all, we’ve moved from Jezus-Eik back to Brussels. And I had to study for a competition. The good thing about the EU competitions is that it’s a trial and error process. You can try as many times you want (and have the patience) until you succeed. This was the first competition for which I’ve studied systematically, like in school. I don’t think it was enough, the long tough months of pregnancy and then with Marie left deeper traces than I’ve realized. I discovered my mind works slower and that I hesitate when I have to make a decision. Also, it was difficult for me to write in Romanian – literary Romanian. I guess that if I’m to fail this competition, would be because if my mother tongue!

Beside from that, I don’t remember much of the last month. We live in a charming penthouse in the trendy district of Ixelles – close enough of Place Flagey and the Ixelles ponds. We go out once in while, and enjoy the summer. I guess we deserve it, after so much cold and darkness… It was a challenge for me to start learning again, but it was good practice. Oh, and I organized a Euroconcurs seminar in Bucharest – from the distance and with a local partner. That was a challenge too, and I was glad when it was all over and I could focus on one thing at a time – namely studying. I find it is difficult to focus on two projects at a time… maybe it’s not just because of the pregnancy, maybe it’s just plain growing old…

No comments: