Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Autumn in Brussels

So, here we are, me and Marie, in a foggy autumn morning. The weather changed suddenly, and from the first day of October was cold, windy and rainy. Yesterday we got both all wet - been to collect some cloth I've bought on ebay for Marie and on our way back the trams stoped and a storm started - just the perfect combination to an adventurous evening.

Lately I've been much into ebay. I've created my account in 2005 but never used it until this last week, when I've bought 9 objects - ranging from 1 to 40 euros. I have decided a long time ago to be eco-friendly and as the kids grow so fast I've decided to buy most of the stuff I need second-hand. That of course if I can't get it for free from a friend who has no longer use for them. Baby items are a tricky thing, you use them for so little and yet are so cute that you can't stop buying. Marie has lots of summer cloths she will never wear, and some she only got to wear once.


Speaking of ebay, I am very pleased of a bath chair I've got for Marie, helps me when I have to give her a bath on my own. First bath I gave to Marie after Catalin's departure to Romania was a nightmare for both of us. Plus my back is killing me. So in the upcoming days I searched this thing for bath, to make our experience more pleasant. And it works! Our second bath together was relaxed and we both enjoyed the time in the warm water. Marie falled asleep right after and I could wash my long hair without constantly worring about her.


Also, after carring Marie for two days just in port-bebe - for walks of over 3 hours, my shoulders were hurting so I made a quick decion and spend 34 euros on a pushchair. We'll see how we get along with this one, the jury is still out. I find it difficult to drive and it definitly limits your speed and the places you can actually go. I'm wondering if I could get into the subway on my own, or any other places that involve stairs...





No comments: