Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baby time, Easter time

So, I've been told it's Easter time. Again. Well, things have a tendency of going round and around... the wheel of fortune so to speak. I don't recall much of what I've done last year for Easter, or any of the previous Easters except one. In 2004 I've been to visit my godfather in the countryside. Easter was also in April that year, and in that region was still a bit cold - we had to light up the stove. Erie and my grandma were there too. Erie was just a kitten at the time. But the best part was my godfather - he was alive - and that made all the difference. I always felt safe at his place, I was feeling more like a character from "La Medeleni", in a timeless place, at the boundaries of ages. There were no worries there, life was more like a follow-up to a novel. I could be a child and not be judged. I was felt special there, like the different dimensions of time and space where melting and I could be anywhere and do anything. The colors were brighter and the air so pure... I was happy and I knew it. I try to find that feeling again after his death, but everything was gone. The house was just another house and not my special place anymore.


No comments: